One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art - Oscar Wilde

Monday 9 August 2010

Wolf and Badger Launch Party




Henry David Thoreau once said: 'How vain it is to sit down to write when you have not stood up to live.' I have to admit he probably wasn't talking about fashion blogs but it is my new aim to get out there and write more about what I see as well as my own opinions on styles I like. Last Wednesday I followed my itchy feet to the launch party of Wolf and Badger, a new concept store which has just opened on Ledbury Road, a mere stone's throw away from Beach Blanket Babylon and a 5 minute amble from the ever busy Portobello Road. The party was literally heaving when I arrived so alas, I did not get the chance to examine the collection in as much detail as I had hoped as I had just about 20 minutes before going to see a friend of mine playing live for the first time at the Troubadour! The crowd was colourful and eclectic, and from what I did see of the collection I adored!!! Running down the centre of the ground floor was a glass cabinet containing beautiful and interesting jewellery including-my favourite of course-cocktail rings a-plenty. The store plays host to a huge range of independent designers-a caged corset caught my eye at once: this is fashion-meets-art at it's best! One guest asked me if I was there to shop.....alas no! Perhaps one day when my wallet is kinder. In true Notting Hill community tradition, the store also gave a promotional helping hand to local gelateria DriDri which is situated on the Portabello Road. Having lived in Florence I can be fussy when it comes to gelato but this was truly delicious. As well as this the party continued on to neighbourhood watering-hole the Lonsdale for an after-party, but sadly I missed it. Maybe next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment